Wednesday, October 7, 2015

"Feeling Good" by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricuss

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

I love Feeling Good . If I was stuck on the proverbial desert island and could only have 10 songs, I would seriously consider Feeling Good as one of them. Of course, it would have to be the Nina Simone version recorded in 1965. On the desert island, Nina would get me through even if there was nothing to feel good about. 



I've listened to Feeling Good countless times; yet I never knew that it originated in musical theater..more specifically the musical comedy The Roar of the Greasepaint – The Smell of the Crowd [Music/Lyrics/Book: Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley], which ran on Broadway May 16, 1965 - Dec 04, 1965. Here it is...sung by character The Negro played by Gilbert Price...wow...





No comments:

Post a Comment