Saturday, August 8, 2015

The New York Pops with Guests Sutton Foster, Colin Donnell and Megal McGinnis


The New York Pops have made Forest Hill Stadium their summer home. On Thursday, I got a chance to check out the stadium as well as their first concert of the season. With the exception of being stuck on a very uncomfortable bleacher seat, it was a lovely summer evening to experience the orchestra along with guests Sutton Foster, Colin Donnell and Megan McGinnis. 

Sutton Foster treated the audience to tributes to her mother who passed away two years ago as well as to her rescue "dorkie" with "Mable This Time." She, along with Colin Donnell, danced for us.But for me, I was just happy to hear her sing "Anything Goes." If you will recall, when I went to the Broadway show a few years ago specifically to see Ms. Foster, she was out. Well, on Thursday, she was live and in person in Forest Hills... What a NYC stage summer for Ms. Foster so far...wonderful at Encores' The Wild Party and wonderful in her first outdoor concert with an orchestra.    

Check out some highlights videoed by concert goers:










Written Program
Overture from Anything Goes
I've Got You Under my Skin
I'm Beginning to See the Light
Anything Goes 
Begin the Beguine
Ashokan Farewell
Sunshine on My Shoulders
It All Fades Away
On the Streets of Dublin
Fit as a Fiddle (and Ready for Love)
Overture from Thoroughly Modern Millie
The History of the TV Overture
If I Were a Bell / Singin' in the Rain
Down with Love
Flight
Neverland
The Lady is a Tramp 
Anyone Can Whistle / Being Alive

Other Posts
The Star is Not Performing Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment