Monday, April 15, 2013

"Hands on a Hardbody" Closes Last Weekend and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" to Close This Weekend...




Full disclosure - I am writing this post just so that I can repost this hilarious gif posted by handle ClydeBarrow at broadwayworld.com.  

Roughly a month ago, I enthusiastically wrote about all the shows opening on Broadway in March and April, no doubt to make the Tony Award cut off on April 25th.



So, where do some of the productions stand as of today? Well, Hands on a Hardbody, which received a consensus B- on stagegrade.com, has opened and closed. And Breakfast at Tiffany's, which received a humiliating D+, has just announced that it will close this coming weekend.  Kitty drama. OVER!

But on a more pleasant note, Matilda received rave reviews and and an impressive A on StageGrade. I'm sure it'll be a while before I score tickets. And Michael Riedel may have poked fun at Motown The Musical in his NYP gossip column, but  Barry Gordy had the last laugh with advance sales of more than $16M

Tonight, The Nance opens on Broadway. We'll see how Nathan Lane fares. And in the next 10 days, 10 more productions open. 

Kitty may be coolly filing her nails, but I am anxiously biting mine, as I wait to see which ones survive and which ones don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment