Monday, September 12, 2011

Ode to the Shows I Missed


 

I wanted to see you. I swear I did. 
The critics loved you. I swear they did. 
I will see you one day. I hope I will. 


Gatz: We've all been there. You pick up a novel that draws you in so completely that you complete it in one sitting.  When the Rain Stops Falling: After the Horton Foote season, I craved another family drama and thought that this multi-generational piece set in London and Australia would be it. I would have had the patience to sit through you as you moved back and forth in time and across continents. A View From the Bridge: There was no way I was going to get tickets after the favorable reviews for this American drama with big Hollywood names. A Streetcar Named Desire (BAM): Cate Blanchett was hailed for bringing life to Blanche DuBois. Somehow I just see her in this role and just know that her performance was great. In the Next Room (or the vibrator play): Come on - A play about vibrator therapies on women in the 1800s. Need I say more. Finally, Sweeney Todd: Excellent scary actors and musicians who are one in the same. How clever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment