Sunday, September 11, 2011

20at20 is Back!!


From September 6th through September 18th, theater lovers can roll up to the box office for any of the 33 Off Broadway shows participating in the 20at20 campaign 20 minutes before the curtain time and if tickets are available, the price is only $20. Just remember to ask for the 20at20 tickets. A few years ago, I walked up to the box office and paid only $20 while the woman behind me clueless about the campaign paid $50 for the seat right next to me.  

The number of participating shows seem to grow each season and there is something for everyone. My picks are:

Freud's Last Session
I'll pay $20 any day to partake in an intellectual debate. Check out my blog entry about the session I had with Freud.

Million Dollar Quartet
Million Dollar Quartet has gone to the retirement village for former Broadway shows - New World Stages. However, while theatergoers have to pay Broadway ticket prices just a few months ago, you can get to see Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis on the stage at the same time for a mere $20 in this musical.

Noctu
Irish dancing but more intimate than we are accustomed to. This one is worth it just to see the Firebird and Underworld numbers. More to come on this one shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment