Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Listened to "The Book of Mormon"


<> <>
The Book of Mormon
I haven't read The Book of Mormon, but yesterday, I sure did stream the pre-release cast recording, which is now available for free on NPR. Listening before seeing is a precedent for me. But this only sparked my excitement even more. I can't wait to see this production, which is currently on my Hot List. Also, there is no doubt that the CD will be an addition to my permanent collection. Stay tuned to see which songs hit my Playlist.  

So, after listening to the recording, I get the difficulty expressed in this NY Post article about selecting a song from this musical to feature on the Tony telecast in June. The music will create a natural bob of the head. Clever yet profane, the lyrics however are not for the faint of heart or for prime time. No, this is not your mother's musical - check out Sister Act for that.

In addition to releasing the cast recording for free, a free fan performance will also be offered on Friday, July 1st. Last month, I tried to my luck at The Book of Mormon lottery and unfortunately didn't win. However, it looks like I get another chance on the 1st. Check out details here: Free Fan Performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment