Friday, April 15, 2011

Quarter One Theater Roundup!!

For the first quarter of 2011, my top three theater experiences are:


1. Nixon in China: First of all, many thanks to The Metropolitan Opera for their lottery program. I do not go to the opera often but what an experience to see their grand productions. I was fortunate enough to catch this wonderful production including the plane, the music, the dancing, and that dreamlike finale. 


2. Driving Miss Daisy: I can think of no better way to spend the afternoon than at the theater with my mother watching veteran actors James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave in this fine production about friendship and aging.


3. Colin Quinn: Long Story Short: This production - more a stand up routine than anything else - was crisp and funny.  A great production for history buffs with a sense of humor.

Special mention to Room 17B and Play Dead for brining out my inner child.

No comments:

Post a Comment