Monday, April 24, 2017

Quote from "Come Back, Little Sheba"

Doc in William Inge's Come Back, Little Sheba:
No...no, Baby. We should never feel bad about what's past. What's in the past can't be helped. You... you've got to forget it and live for the present. If you can't forget the past, you stay in it and never get out. I might be a big M.D. today, instead of a chiropractor; we might have had a family to raise and be with us now; I might still have a lot of money if I'd used by head and invested it carefully, instead of gettin' drunk every night. We might have a nice house, and comforts, and friends. But we don't have any of those things. So what! We gotta keep on living, don't we? I can't stop just 'cause I made a few mistakes. I gotta keep goin'... somehow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment