Monday, August 8, 2016

I Experienced "Cats" for the First Time

Last week, as I walked to the Neil Simon to see the Broadway revival of Cats, I overheard a woman telling her companion that she has seen Cats 18 times. Considering that the original Broadway production is one of the longest running musicals in Broadway history, this is not a surprise. What may be a surprise though is that I have never seen CatsThanks to the digital lottery though, this is no longer the case. 

So how did I enjoy the revival of Cats starring recording star Leona Lewis as Grizabella?

I confess. I will never be the woman I passed on West 52nd St. Once is enough. 

While there are special moments, I am not entirely sure why Cats is adored by so many. 

What I am sure about though is that Memory is a very special song. 

So, who sang it best? 

You decide. 


Elaine Page


Betty Buckley


Leona Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment