Saturday, February 27, 2016

Quote from Wendy Wasserstein's Isn't It Romantic

Lillian in Wendy Wasserstein's Isn't It Romantic:
When I was your age, I realized I had to make some choices. I had a promising career, a child, and a husband; and, believe me, if you have all three, and you're very conscientious, you still have to choose your priorities. So I gave some serious thought to what was important to me. And what was important to me was a career I could be proud of and successfully bringing up a child. So the first thing that had to go was pleasing my husband, because he was a grown-up and could take care of himself. Yes, baby, everything did take work; but it was worthwhile. I never dreamed I'd be this successful. And I have a perfectly lovely daughter. Baby, I have a full, rich life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment