Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I Had an Amazing Time at "Hamilton"


Last weekend, I floated through the streets of Manhattan like I was a member of the Volturi. 

And you know what that means.

It means that I just had a euphoric experience at the theater. After a sold out run at the Public, watching segments such as the one above, and much hoopla, I finally got a chance to see Lin-Manuel Miranda's Hamilton 

As I floated through the streets, I wished the OBC was available so that I could listen and catch the lyrics I missed. And wouldn't you know it, a couple of days later, the entire album was made available for streaming on NPR Music First Listen.  

So, I listened to the show again, and I was absolutely correct...

Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius. 

Act I
Alexander Hamilton
My Shot
The Story of Tonight
The Schuyler Sisters
Farmer Refuted
You'll Be Back
Right Hand Man
Helpless
Satisfied
Wait for It
Stay Alive
Ten Duel Commandments
That Would Be Enough
History Has Its Eyes on You
Yorktown
Dear Theodosia
Non-Stop

Act II
What'd I Miss
Take a Break
Say No to This
The Room Where It Happens
Schuyler Defeated
Washington on Your Side
One Last Time
The Adams Administration
Hurricane
The Reynolds Pamphlet
Burn
Blow Us All Away 
It's Quiet Uptown
The Election of 1800
Your Obedient Servant
The World Was Wide Enough
Finale

No comments:

Post a Comment