Saturday, March 22, 2014

I May Return to See Broadway's Longest Running Musical

How long has it been...since that Saturday afternoon many many years ago when I dragged my mother and cousin to Midtown, climbed to the heights of the Majestic and experienced what would become Broadway's longest running musical - The Phantom of the Opera? Oh my, that was a long time ago....

When the big box British musical approached its 25th year on Broadway, I wondered if I should return....I procrastinated and then dismissed my return when I saw the show's 2013 Tony performance...boy did it feel dated and creaky.



But now, The Phantom of the Opera has decided to shake things up and cast the delectable Norm Lewis as the first black phantom on Broadway, beginning May 12th, playing aside Sierra Boggess. Oh naughty Phantom, you are determined to have me return to the Majestic with this game changing move...you are very determined...  

No comments:

Post a Comment