Saturday, November 23, 2013

After 20+ Years, I Return to "Radio City Christmas Spectacular"


I'm not sure what took me so long but after 20+ years, I returned to the 6,000 seat Radio City Music Hall to see the annual Christmas Spectacular, starring The Rockettes. In 90 solid minutes, I had a 3D video game experience, saw some fireworks, stared up at snow and watched a couple of ice skaters. Of course, I also marveled at the precise synchronization of The Rockettes, the nativity (camel and all) and Santa. After 20 years, I was pleased to see that today's Christmas Spectacular balances the traditional and the modern. I didn't appreciate staring at sponsor Chase's blue logo the whole time, but in my opinion, the show remains a wonderful family experience this time of year. Let the holiday season begin!!   



Program
Sleigh Ride
Santa Flies to New York
The Twelve Days of Christmas
The Nutcracker
The Parade of the Wooden Soldiers
New York at Christmas
Department Store
Here Comes Santa Claus
Closer Than You Know
Santa's Video Game
Closer Than We Know
Snow
The Living Nativity
Joy to the World

No comments:

Post a Comment