Monday, July 15, 2013

My New England Seacoast (and Ogunquit Playhouse) Getaway


Ogunquit Playhouse

A few years ago, I drove by the Ogunquit Playhouse on US1 in Maine and have always wanted to go to the historic theater to see a production. Well, over the long July 4th weekend as I enjoyed a trip to the beautiful New England Seacoast, I finally had a chance to visit the summer playhouse and experience a production - the light musical Thoroughly Modern Millie [Music/Lyrics: Jeanine Tesori & Dick Scanlan; Book: Richard Morris & Dick Scanlan] starring Sally Struthers as Mrs. Meers, Becky Gulsvig as Millie, Matt Lutz as Jimmy, and Terry Burrell as Muzzy.




At intermission, I browsed around the playhouse, which is now in its 81st season, and noted the famous actors - from Betty Davis to of course Sally Struthers - who have performed at the theater since its opening in 1933. With nearby restaurants, charming B&Bs and the ocean, I had a  wonderful trip and highly recommend a visit to the York - Ogunquit - Kennebunkport area in Maine!


Other Posts:
Backyard Tour: Summer Beach and Rachel Crothers Theater Getaway

No comments:

Post a Comment