Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fifty Last Lines

A Free Man of Color by John Guare
Dr. T: Jacques Cornet. A Free Man or Color or How One Man Became an American.

A Raisin in The Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
Mama: All right, honey-go on down. I be down directly.

A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
Steve: This game is seven-card stud.

Angels in America, Part One: Millennium Approaches by Tony Kushner
Angel: The Messenger has arrived.

Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika by Tony Kushner
Prior: The Great Work Begins.

August: Osage County by Tracy Letts
Violet: -and then you're gone, and then you're gone, and then you're gone, and then you're gone-

Beyond The Horizon by Eugene O'Neill
Andrew: We must try to help each other-and-in time-we'll come to know what's right-. And perhaps we-

Blood Knot by Athol Fugard
Morris: It's what they call the blood knot...the bond between brothers.

Boston Marriage by David Mamet
Anna: That remains to be seen.


Buried Child by Sam Shepard
Halie's Voice: Maybe it's the sun.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams 
Brick: Wouldn't it be funny if that was true?

Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris
Bev: Well, don't hurt your eyes.

Dancing at Lughnasa by Brian Friel
Michael: Dancing as if language no longer existed because words were no longer necessary..

Death and the King's Horseman by Wole Soyinka
Iyaloja: Now forget the dead, forget even the living. Turn your mind only to the unborn.

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Linda: We're free...We're free...

Doubt by John Patrick Shanley
Sister Aloysius: I have doubts! I have such doubts!

Fences by August Wilson
Gabriel: That's the way that go!

For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow is Enuf by Ntozake Shange
Lady in Brown: & this is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but are moving to the ends of their own rainbows.

Glengarry Glen Ross by David Mamet
Roma: I'll be at the restaurant.

Homebody/Kabul By Tony Kushner
Mahala: In the garden outside, I have planted all my dead.

How I Learned to Drive by Paula Vogel
Li'l Bit: And then-I floor it.

Intimate Apparel by Lynn Nottage
Esther: Of course. Mrs. Dickson, thank you for not asking.

Joe Turner's Come and Gone by August Wilson
Byum: Herald Loomis, you shining! You shining like new money!

Lebensraum by Israel Horovitz
Actor #3: The play is over.

Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
Alison: Oh, poor, poor bears!

Lost in Yonkers by Neil Simon
Bella: It's called music, Momma.

Man and Boy by Terence Rattigan
Gregor: Go away, dearest fellow, if you're going.

Master Class by Terrence McNally
Maria: Well, that's that.

Molora by Yael Farber
Klytemnestra: For too long it has lain in ash on the ground.

My Children! My Africa! by Athol Fugard
Isabel: The future is still ours, Mr. M.

Our Town by Thornton Wilder
Stage Manager: Hm...Eleven o'clock in Grover's Corners.-You get a good rest, too. Good night.

Other Desert Cities by Jon Robin Baitz
Brook: How will I find him?

pool (no water) by Mark Ravehill
And the dream is dreamy and oh life is long.

Rabbit Hole by David Lindsay-Abaire
Howie: I think so. I think we will.

Race by David Mamet
Susan: Because, White Man, he was guilty.

Red by John Logan
Ken: Red.

Six Degrees of Separation by John Guare
Paul: The Kandinsky. It's painted on two sides.

Speed-The Plow by David Mamet
Fox: Then how bad can life be?

Spike Heels by Theresa Rebeck
Georgie: All right. Make me an offer.

Topdog/Underdog by Suzan-Lori Parks
Booth: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The Birthday Party by Harold Pinter
McCann: She's gone.


The Death of Bessie Smith by Edward Albee 
Orderly: I don't know what people can be thinking of sometimes...

The Elephant Man by Bernard Pomerance
Gomm: It's too late, I'm afraid. It is done.

The Heidi Chronicles by Wendy Wasserstein
Heidi (before song): A heroine for the twenty-first!

The Invention of Love by Tom Stoppard
AEH: How lucky to find myself standing on this empty shore, with the indifferent waters at my feet.

The Mountaintop by Katori Hall
Camae: Time. 

The Night of the Iguana by Tennessee Williams
Hannah: Oh, God, can't we stop now? finally? Please let us. It's so quiet here, now.

The Young Man from Atlanta by Horton Foote
Will: If I go back to work and you start teaching, everything will be all right.

Who is Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee
Martha: I...am...George...I am...

Yellow Face by David Henry Hwang
DHH: And I go back to work, searching for my own face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment