Monday, August 15, 2011

Rejoice, Nina Arianda is Coming Back to Broadway


I was so upset when I learned earlier this year that I missed last season's Venus in Fur at the Classic Stage Company. I had just discovered the playwright - David Ives - after experiencing The School for Lies and Nina Arianda after seeing her impeccable performance in Born Yesterday.

Well, rejoice, Venus in Fur, which received rave reviews Off Broadway, is coming to Broadway in October for a limited run. And so is Ms. Arianda - this time along with Hugh Dancy, the other actor in this two character play. Based on an 1870 erotic novel, this play in a play is a battle of the sexes and is suppose to be hysterical, sexy and intense all at the same time.

This upcoming Manhattan Theater Club production gets a spot on my theater Wish List for the fall. I can't wait to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment