Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May was a Rapturous Month for Theatergoing


May was an unusually prolific theatergoing month for me. I saw 17 productions. This is extremely rare and is unfortunately a pace that I cannot possibly support in the future. Besides, summer is unofficially here, and getaways, the park, and outdoor concerts are on the horizon.

 

So, let’s look back on the month. While I did have to sit through a few duds including That Championship Season and Desperate Writers and my bid did not win in the Drama League auction, I saw some very good theater. Highlights are Born Yesterday, The Normal Heart and The School for Lies. I discovered a new actress in Nina Arianda and a new theater company in the Classic Stage Company.

 

Overall, I am very happy with the month and am glad that the Rapture did not come, because lined up already for June are Baby It’s You, Freud’s Last Session, and No Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment